Bringing context and critique to the cultural moment. Deep dives, reviews, and debate encouraged.
40686 Members
We'll be adding more communities soon!
© 2020 Relevant Protocols Inc.
Bringing context and critique to the cultural moment. Deep dives, reviews, and debate encouraged.
40686 Members
We'll be adding more communities soon!
© 2020 Relevant Protocols Inc.
Relevant
Hot
New
Spam
Relevant
Hot
New
Spam
0
60
0
60
>"The S&P 500 closed at a record high on Tuesday, wiping out losses from the coronavirus-induced selloff, but new analysis shows most stocks have yet to climb back to prior levels." Though the S&P 500 has hit a new all-time high and wiped out losses from the coronavirus sell-off, a CNBC analysis shows that the majority of stocks have yet to climb back to their prior levels. Between the prior market high on Feb. 19 and new high on Aug. 18, 38% of stocks in the index made gains while the remaining 62% posted losses. Performance varied by sector, with more than 50% of stocks in the consumer staples, health care, and information technology sectors showing gains. That figure is less than 10% for energy and utilities stocks.
>"The S&P 500 closed at a record high on Tuesday, wiping out losses from the coronavirus-induced selloff, but new analysis shows most stocks have yet to climb back to prior levels." Though the S&P 500 has hit a new all-time high and wiped out losses from the coronavirus sell-off, a CNBC analysis shows that the majority of stocks have yet to climb back to their prior levels. Between the prior market high on Feb. 19 and new high on Aug. 18, 38% of stocks in the index made gains while the remaining 62% posted losses. Performance varied by sector, with more than 50% of stocks in the consumer staples, health care, and information technology sectors showing gains. That figure is less than 10% for energy and utilities stocks.
Some low-ranking comments may have been hidden.
Some low-ranking comments may have been hidden.