Some Guidelines for the Crypto Community.
Hello everyone, we decided to make this post in order to promote some norms and practices in order to help this community run even better. Some of these are recommendations, others are what we think are best practices that can help you get the most out of our community but also give your best to it. I also want to thank all those of you who post great content and help to make this feed great. For me personally this is my main source of crypto-related news and this is thanks to you!
First, if you are new to Relevant, welcome! Start by reading this post to get familiar with general principles [https://relevant.community/general/post/5f442f65800055001716f84f](https://relevant.community/general/post/5f442f65800055001716f84f)
Now that we have a basis, here are some guidelines to help to make the Crypto Feed better :
- Please do not tag admins in order to attract attention to your posts. This might result in downvotes as it is a spam-like attitude. We read the feed as much as we can and we cannot 'review' every post.
- When you post an article, try to come up with a summary and if you are using quotes a) Add quotation marks around any quotes you might use b) choose your quotes carefully so that they help the community get a better understanding of the article in the shortest possible time. Use comments to add value to the discussion. It can be by providing insights, summaries, making logical connections with other related news, anything you feel can bring value to the community - this is what collective intelligence is about - this is also the primary way by which you will earn REP.
- Avoid low quality posts like 'price of Dogecoin has surged 20%'. Technical and price analysis are welcome but like all other content they should be of value to the community and not just consist of a shot announcement or a click-bait title. Don't forget that the community will be evaluating the quality of your posts, therefore click-bait is not a good strategy here since you do not gain anything by having people click your links.
- Generally try to focus on quality over quantity: better post 1 link every few days that has real value then to spam the feed with news flashes everyday. Also keep an eye on the feed, there is no need to post the same news from 5 different sources if the articles don't add anything to the discussion, this just dilutes the feed and makes users lose time.
- Downvote posts that you feel do not bring value to the feed. Downvoting posts helps to clean the feed and does not impact REP. Also downvote comments that are spam or otherwise harmful to our community.
- DO NOT use posts or comments simply to 'react' to something. This is not our way and it dilutes the feeds. In general: posts are for sharing articles and comments are for adding value to the community.
- Be patient and trust the process. It takes time to earn REP and maybe you post a great comment/post that doesn't get noticed but as in real-life interactions, building reputation takes time and some level of consistency. You will be surprised at how fast you earn REP when you contribute actively to the community, I know I have!
- For questions use the support feed.
Take care !